Re: [coldsync-hackers] Trouble syncing with the Sony Clie PEG-T615C

Adam McDaniel <adamm@psynch.com> writes:

> Ahh..ic, mine matches up with yours, obviously considering we have the same
> kernel. I am on sony's developer's list with access to their roms. Later on
> today I'll try downloading the T615C rom image and try hotsyncing through
> that.

Ok.  Thanks.

> This might be a hardware issue, I assume your working windows machine is
> physically a seperate machine from your linux one? If that's the
> case, there might be a hardware releated issue with the usb ports.

Nope, the windows box is on the same machine; it's just a matter of a
reboot.  I don't imagine that rules out hardware but it does make it
less likely.

> Do you have any other usb devices to test under the linux machine?

Yeah, there's a usb mouse.  And back when I still had the visor, I
synced that on this machine with a usb cradle.

> Better yet, do you know anyone else with a machine that has linux/usb support?
> to test your clie on other hardware...

Hrm.  That's iffier, but possible.  I'll see what I can see.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get the data out.  What I'm
thinking about doing, though, is renaming the database and beaming it
to another palm (I have a third-party util that will do this).

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>