Re: [coldsync-hackers] Trouble syncing with the Sony Clie PEG-T615C

Adam McDaniel <adamm@psynch.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 06:23:37PM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:

>> I could easily be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this isn't just a matter
>> of the coldsyncrc.  I've tried an incredible number of variations over
>> the past few days -- even going so far as to reset my Clie in case one
>> of the bad tries was confusing it.  Never has it worked, except the
>> once or twice apparently at random.  Trying it again without modifying
>> the configuration generally doesn't work.
>
> On the Clie, if you open up a new memopad entry, write this in:
>
> <shortcut>.4
>
> shortcut being that wierd twisty thing. If you dont know what that is, goto
> Edit -> Graffiti Help, then one page down, has an example of a shortcut.

Yup, it's set correctly, I just checked.  One of the times the sync
*did* work, I initialized it with coldsync, so the user name & id are
correct.

>> The main thing I notice different from other messages looking through
>> the archives is that I'm using a different version of the kernel
>> modules, and I'm using a different Clie.  Is anyone out there
>> successfully syncing with kernel 2.4.17?  How about with a usbserial
>> module v1.4, or a visor module v1.5?  Or with a PEG-T615C?
>
> Uhh.. how are you getting the version numbers for usbserial, visor?

From the kernel log output:

Feb  9 11:28:42 wasp kernel: usbserial.c: USB Serial Driver core v1.4

and:

Feb  9 11:28:42 wasp kernel: visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor, Palm m50x, Sony Clie driver v1.5

> I took a look under /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/serial/visor.c,usbserial.c
> and neither have any reference to a version number...
>
> By the way, I'm running 2.4.17 w/ PEG-S320 with no problems whatsoever.
>
> Maybe your daughter already got to this one? :)

Perhaps.  I was starting to think it was a kernel issue, and was going
to try an older kernel to see if that solved the problem.  But if
you're using 2.4.17, I guess the next thing to do is a hard reset of
the Clie.  The annoying thing is that I'll have to track down a copy
of my address book db.  Currently the only copy is in the Clie (from
one of the times the sync worked -- I deleted the original out of
stupidity), and, possibly, on my windows partition somewhere, since I
have synced there.

Hrm.  I just checked, and it looks like the address book is stored in
some kind of processed form, I can't just copy it back to linux.
Anyone know a way to make windows reconstitute a pdb file from the
address.dat file it has?  Or is my only choice to figure out how to
tell windows to do a restore, and hope it does the right thing?
*sigh*  I didn't need that 3-years-worth of addresses anyway.....

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>