Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync 2.3.0 / m505 problems

Perhaps this is the problem...

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 05:44:55PM -0600, Ivan Fernandez Pelaez wrote:
> Feb  2 17:35:44 fernani kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
> Feb  2 17:35:44 fernani kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x54c/0x66) is not claimed by any active driver.
> Feb  2 17:35:45 fernani /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Modprobe and setup visor for USB product 54c/66/100
> Feb  2 17:35:45 fernani kernel: usb.c: registered new driver serial
> Feb  2 17:35:45 fernani kernel: usbserial.c: USB Serial Driver core v1.4

The first time you run this, it doesn't have visor.o loaded as a module.
Modprobe loads it accordingly, but the hotsync fails.

The next time around, visor.o is already loaded, and it works fine.

Perhaps there is a problem in the kernel code when actually calling
visor.o via modprobe causes it to timeout or skip a step or something.

On my Clie, I just have uhci.o, visor.o, usbserial.o, usbcore.o all
loaded as modules before I start.

Maybe you should try unloading everything, then loading up those four
(as they're applicable, making sure visor.o is) and then run coldsync.

BTW, on an unrelated note, I found a free hack called EasyLaunch. It
can assign different hardware keys to different functions depending
on what combination and how long you hold it down. Since I don't
have a hardware hotsync button, I just configured EasyLaunch to
execute hotsync if I holddown the notepad icon for 1 second.

Very convenient :)

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant