Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync 2.3.0 / m505 problems

> I set that option, recompiled, but there was no difference, as usual I had
> to try the hotsync twice. Everything goes as modules.

	Let's walk through this step by step. You cradle your Palm, you load
the proper modules (usb-uhci or usb-ohci, depending on your controller
hardware, usbserial, and visor). You hit the HotSync button _on the cradle_
and then check your logs in /var/log/messages (or wherever you catch kernel
events). Does it show something similar to the following:

Jan 31 01:27:02 broccoli kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
Jan 31 01:27:02 broccoli kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
Jan 31 01:27:02 broccoli kernel: usb.c: serial driver claimed interface
dbda8a00

	If you get that far, your kernel is at least recognizing the device.

	The reason I stress hitting HotSync on the cradle, is that if you
have your HotSync icon set to Ir/Serial for example, tapping on that icon on
the screen would try to send the serial data out the IrDA port, not the
physical USB port. Hitting HotSync on the cradle ensures that you are using
the USB port (a little-known trick, so you don't have to keep changing modes
all the time).

	If you at least get to this point, and you're sure your
~/.coldsyncrc is set right with the 'simple' protocol, you should get some
sort of indication if you run it with -mI as you have already tried. I hate
to suggest another tool for debugging, but you could try 'statserial' on
that port, or one of the tools in the pilot-link suite to see if your
hardware is indeed physically functioning properly.

	Also, make sure you aren't running any overclockers or "hacks" on
your Palm that may interfere with port speed or the Palm CPU itself
(AfterBurner and similar hacks are problematic in this way). And as before,
make sure you do not have a password set on the device.

	Try that, and see if it helps. I know the m505 works (at least with
my tools), so it must be something in your hardware, or your configuration.

/d