Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync 2.3.0 / m505 problems

> On my Clie, I just have uhci.o, visor.o, usbserial.o, usbcore.o all
> loaded as modules before I start.

	EEK! Are you sure you're using uhci.o, and not usb-uhci.o? If I
recall Greg's recommendation, you should always use the usb-Xhci.o version.

	I've had a lot of crashes lately with the visor driver taking out
dozens of different kernels. I've managed to slow them down a bit by loading
BOTH usb-uhci and usb-ohci at the same time (I have both interfaces on my
laptop). Greg believes it's a usbcore timing issue. His recommendation was
to build an SMP kernel, even on UP machines, to try to slow it down. I've
seen the symptom where the kernel dumps and you can't unload or load the
module again after that. Might be related.

/d