Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync 2.3.0 / m505 problems

On Thursday 31 January 2002 09:48, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> 	Try that, and see if it helps. I know the m505 works (at least with
> my tools), so it must be something in your hardware, or your
> configuration.

I had problems with my m505 until I upgraded to kernel 2.4.17 (previously I
was using the Mandrake version of 2.4.8).

Last week I bought a new PC, and installed Mandrake 8.1, planning to
upgrade the kernel to 2.4.17. Before I did, I tried coldsync and it worked
first time.

So it would appear that older kernels (or more precisely, USB and/or visor
modules) don't work with older PC hardware for coldsync. The old PC was a
PII 400MHz, and the new one is an AMD XP1700.

This might be useful info for anyone with a USB PDA.

Sean.