Re: [coldsync-hackers] How to delete all records from one DB every every sync time sync happens?

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 04:33:43PM +0200, Wojtek wrote:
> Alex Tronin wrote:
> > >I want one of my databases to be empty after syncing(every time).
> > >Can I do this using only Fetch and Dump conduits.?
>
> > Just mark all records as deleteded during Fetch, and Delete them in Dump -
> > you will get perfect empty database both in a handheld and on a server.

	Actually, this only deletes the records that were on the
desktop. If the user has created any records on the Palm, the generic
conduit will copy them to the desktop.

> Mhm.I tried that way, but it doesn't seem to works.
> After creating new records in Palm,after syncing i still have them.

	If you really want to delete everything, you'll need to write
a Sync conduit to do so. The DLP DeleteRecord call takes a special
argument value to mean "delete all records," so this should be a
fairly short script. Unfortunately SPC.pm doesn't have the
DeleteRecord function yet.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com