[coldsync-hackers] Can't seem to get coldsync working as a local daemon

Hey all..I'm FINALLY getting around to getting local and network syncing
working. Unfortunatly I seem to be stuck :-) I'm running Red Hat 8.0
with a USB m500. Works GREAT with just running coldsync from the command
line, but as soon as I try the -md command nothing seems to work. I have
a couple of questions:

1. What is the syntax of the /usr/local/etc/palms file? I read the docs
and I'm not *exactly* sure what is wanted. I'm trying

etc/palms
*|Chris||chris

where Chris is my user name on my palm and chris is the unix user. Is
that correct?

The symptoms I'm seeing are:

[root@zed]# /usr/local/bin/coldsync -v -md -p /dev/ttyUSB1
Warning: no device on /dev/ttyUSB1. Waiting...
<USB driver comes up in linux>
Please press the HotSync button.

and thats it. It just sits there. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing
wrong? I'm also not seeing anything more verbose.

The probem *I* think is happening is that its not seeing the palms file
or reading it correctly. But i can't exactly verify that because I can't
get any logs.

Thanks for the help!

Chris

--
Real Men Don't Waste Their Hormones Growing Hair.