[coldsync-hackers] Re: how to dig deeper

 On 24-Nov-02 at 06:31:25,
  David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com> wrote:

> How do I get a better idea of what is happening? Is there a way to
> expand the log, or get an idea, or -see- the packet header is,
> so I can fix my problem?

> this is my existing log running freebsd 4.7Stable and coldsync (cvs today)

> netsync_read: Reading packet header usb read: Input/output error < - here
> is where I need more info
>                                 ------------------------------
> Error reading NetSync packet header.
> read: Input/output error
> netsync_read(ritual resp 1) returned -1
> usb_accept simple/net: ritual_exch_server() returned -1
> Error: Can't connect to Palm.
> Calling io_drain()
> Error: Communication error.
> Freeing sync_config 0x808e060
> ColdSync terminating normally

IMHO ColdSync is not receiving anything from the device, so raising
the debug levels would not sort the things out.... i don't know
the USB subsytem of the *BSD kernels works as i sue linux..

your best option would be to wait for full libusb support or to add
it yourself.. should be fairly easy.

--

  - alex.