[coldsync-hackers] Re: coldsync-2.2.5 && palm 515 problem - correction

I just sent the email below, but believe that the header was misformed (from
address seems to have been Andrew Arensburger's rather than mine), so here it
is again:

Hi,

I installed Coldsync 2.2.5 on a RH7.3 system and tried to test it with my Palm
515. The handheld connects through a USB port. I followed the info in the man
page and wrote the .coldsynrc file excerpted at the end of this email. When I
ran `coldsync -Im` I got the message that
        [afolger@localhost coldsync]$ bin/coldsync -mI
        Warning: no device on /dev/palm. Sleeping
        Please press the HotSync button.
        ##### Bad response ID: expected 0x92, got 0x93.
        Error: Can't get system info.
        Error: Can't read length of serial number.
        ##### Bad response ID: expected 0xaf, got 0x90.
        Error: Error during DlpEndOfSync: (7) Invalid request ID.

MyPalm displayed the following message:
        The desktop hotsync software does not support the password on this
	handheld. You must upgrade your desktop software or remove the password
	from the handheld.

So I disabled the password, and to no avail. I got the following response
afterwards:
        [afolger@localhost coldsync]$ bin/coldsync -mI
        Warning: no device on /dev/palm. Sleeping
        Please press the HotSync button.
        ##### Bad response ID: expected 0x92, got 0x93.
        Error: Can't get system info.
        Error: Can't read length of serial number.
        ##### Bad response ID: expected 0xaf, got 0x92.
        Error: Error during DlpEndOfSync: (7) Invalid request ID.

Following Andrew Arensburger's advice, I tried using protocol full instead of
simple in the .coldsyncrc file, but then the computer couldn't communicate at
all with the handheld.

Below is an excerpt from my .coldsyncrc file:
listen serial {
        device: "/dev/palm";
        protocol: simple;
        transient;