[coldsync-hackers] Re: Category sync - yes or no?

> > Has anybody more infor about how the Windows dekstop deals with AppInfo?
>
> We need to test the following conditions:
>
>  - Change a category on the palm, see what happens.
>  - Change it on the desktop.
>  - both.

Had a venture through pilot-link and jpilot today:

Pilot-link doesn't care about records at all; it either copies an
*entire* database or it just doesn't touch it (e.g. if unchanged).

Jpilot copies the complete AppInfo block from the Palm to the desktop,
and that's it. No fiddling with categories.

Palmos.com doesn't provide any insight, neither do the SDK documents (to
me, at least).

So we really need to look at the Windows desktop.

Helge