[coldsync-hackers] Re: Category sync - yes or no?

 On 24-Mar-02 at 08:21:40,
  Helge Oldach <coldsync-hackers@oldach.net> wrote:

> However, virtually every database has an AppInfo block. It would be much
> more efficient to have this raw data copy process in the coldsync binary
> rather than calling the same conduit over and over again. If it's only
> raw data copying there is no need to go for all the sophisticated tricks
> that conduits/std-categories implements.

This makes sense to me.

> Has anybody more infor about how the Windows dekstop deals with AppInfo?

We need to test the following conditions:

 - Change a category on the palm, see what happens.
 - Change it on the desktop.
 - both.

I'm not a Windows user, but i don't think this test will need more than a
couple of minutes. Any volunteer?

Obviously the setup shouldn't be "XX overwrites YYY" but the syncronization
one. Sorry, i can't remember the correct label used by the windows
software...

--

  - alex.