Re: [coldsync-hackers] Re: Problem respawning coldsync daemon

Thanks for the suggestions.  The weekend starts in 12hr for me (Southern
Hemisphere) when I promised to start looking at the code.  Question:
should I be hacking at 2.2.5 or 2.3.0-20011210 or someother code?

The quick look I made of 2.2.5 had the comment that much of the
run_mode_standalone() and run_mode_daemon() could be rolled together,
which of the following conclusions about this is most correct:
(a) That's been done in 2.3.0, why didn't you look.
(b) <XXX> is looking at that
(c) To difficult, could break many things
(d) We're too busy looking at other things, but you're more than welcome
to have a go

Cheers,
	Andrew

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 07:57, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:46:01PM +0100, Alessandro Zummo wrote:

> > > You can just keep the port open until it dissapears (in step 4).  And
> >
> > How will I notice it from within coldync?
>
> Hm, don't know.  Maybe if you try to read a byte and get an error that
> the device is not there anymore?
>
> > > you can catch the hotplug event that states that the device has now been
> > > removed from the USB bus.
> >
> > mm.. that could be interesting... any point to the relevant
> > documentation?
>
> See http://linux-hotplug.sf.net/ for lots of docs on this.
>
> Let me know if you have any specific questions.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
>
> --
Dr Andrew Bainbridge-Smith
Senior Research Engineer
Machine Vision Group
CSIRO Manufacturing Science and Technology
Australia