[coldsync-hackers] Re: Problem respawning coldsync daemon

 On 28-Feb-02 at 21:57:24,
  Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:

>> > you can catch the hotplug event that states that the device has now
>> > been removed from the USB bus.
>>
>> mm.. that could be interesting... any point to the relevant
>> documentation?

> See http://linux-hotplug.sf.net/ for lots of docs on this.

> Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Maybe i could add an option to coldsync so that it waits
for a signal, let's say USR1, before going out.

This signal coul be sent using a little script
called from the hotplug $REMOVER.

I'm still not sure on how to indentify the correct coldsync process,
since we may have one that listen over USB, one over the standard
serial port, one over the net, etc etc...

--

  - alex.