[coldsync-hackers] Problem respawning coldsync daemon

Greetings All,

I'm having the same problem as described in the email:

http://www.thedotin.net/maillists/coldsync-hackers/msg00435.html

and followed the recommendations in the followup message

http://www.thedotin.net/maillists/coldsync-hackers/msg00436.html

That is I am attempting to set up daemon mode usage and have modified
/etc/inittab.   My machine is a RedHat 7.1 linux kernel 2.4.12-21,
myhandheld is a Palm Pilot M500 with usb cradle.  My coldsync version is
2.2.5.  My entry in /etc/inittab looks like:

sc:345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/coldsync -s -t serial -P simple -md
/dev/ttyUSB1

The above coldsync call works ok on the command line. But I am observing
the same problem as in the first message.  It appears that after success
with the first hotsync a new coldsync is respawn (first version exits as
expected)--- ie. there is a change of PID.  This new coldsync does not
respond. I don't even see messages in the log file indicating that
coldsync is polling for activity.  ps reports that the new coldsync is
waiting on a `read' from the moment it is spawned (given my delays to
type ps etc).

Any assistence would be greatly appreciated,
	Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Bainbridge-Smith
Senior Research Engineer