Re: [coldsync-hackers] Redux: Netsync + [X]inetd

The netcat concept (running from rc.local) worked for me (not the xinetd system),
but it then prevented local hotsyncs

I wanted to try some of the different xinetd options but ran out of time.  I
especially wondered if the -md option was causing the problem

Rob Bloodgood (robb@empire2.com) wrote:

>So, has anybody gotten this to work right, in a reproduceable fashion?  I
>saw one guy, with patches to 2.1.3, that gutted the whole UDP server.  He
>said he replaced that functionality with pi-csd... but I haven't been able
>to duplicate that.
>I would REALLY like to get this working, and I'm not afraid to hack a little
>code to get it, but naturally I'd like to avoid re-inventing the wheel.
>TIA!
>L8r,
>Rob
>--