Re: [coldsync-hackers] removable media support

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:04:27PM -0700, Adam McDaniel wrote:
> I'm curious if there is any development in coldsync to handle installing
> files directly to removable media?

	No, but if you're supremely lucky, it might be possible to
hack this in.
	In DLP (the protocol used in syncing), every request that
deals with databases has to specify the memory card on which the
database is found. I've only seen Palms with one memory card (card
#0), so I've never been able to do anything nontrivial with this.
	It's not impossible that your memory stick will show up as
card #1. Play around with the call to DlpReadStorageInfo() in
"src/spalm.c", and see what the returned value of 'more' is (more
importantly, see if it changes depending on whether your memory stick
is inserted or not). Also, try redefining CARD0 in
"include/pconn/pconn.h" to some nonzero value, and see if ColdSync
finds any databases.

	This may or may not work, but it's worth a shot. If it works,
then a fair amount of code will need to be reworked to take advantage
of this (databases will no longer be uniquely identified by their
name; you'll also need to include a memory card number, like the drive
letter under MS-DOS).

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com