Re: [coldsync-hackers] Netsync setup

At 06:24 AM 12/14/2001, you wrote:
>Is there any documentation on setting netsync up ?
>
>My Setup:
>Palm m505, syncing via IrDA on a W2k machine as relay to another machine
>running Linux and Coldsync with some conduits.
>
>However,
>i've tried different setups without getting any traffic on coldsync at
>all. Seems like the Palm is allways syncing lokal, no matter what setup i try.
>
>I've also had a look on Ralf Schlatterbeck's documentation on how to get
>pilot-link to work with netsync and also had a look on some threads on the
>mailinglist, however i think my problem is actually my local setup
>(w2k-hotsync software, palm setup) ... any help here would be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Martin List-Petersen
><mailto:martin@list-petersen.dk>martin@list-petersen.dk
>http://www.marlow.dk

Click on your hotsync icon in the toolbar (by the clock).  Make sure
network is checked.  Also, make sure the machine name and IP are set in the
Palm in the hotsync settings.  This allowed me to sync to another windoze
machine, but not a coldsync server...yet.  I think I am communicating with
the server because the coldsync process starts up, but then hangs.  Most
likely due to something I didn't set up correctly.  Here is what I get in
the log (on the coldsync machine):

Log started on Tue Dec 11 09:57:46 2001
Summary of sync configuration:
Listen:
         Type: 1
         Device: [(null)]
         Speed: 0
         Protocol: 0
         Flags:
Known PDAs:
PDA:
         Serial number: []
         Directory: [/home/coldsync/.palm]
         Username: [(null)]
         UserID: 506
         Flags: DEFAULT
The queue of conduits:
   Conduit:
         flavors: 0x0004 SYNC
         Creator/Types:
           [/] (0x00000000/0x00000000)
         DEFAULT
         Headers:
         Preferences:
Log started on Tue Dec 11 09:57:46 2001
Inside run_mode_Daemon()
Using port from config file.
Device: [(null)]
Listen type: 1
bind: Address already in use
recvfrom() returned -1
recvfrom: Bad file descriptor

The last 2 lines keep repeating over and over again until I kill the process.

-- Jeff