Re: [coldsync-hackers] libusb support

Alessandro Zummo wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:59:27 -0400 (EDT)
"David A. Desrosiers" <hacker@gnu-designs.com> wrote:

This version is preliminary but has been tested successfully with:

I can confirm that this does not work with a Tungsten T2 or Tungsten T3 on Linux, under the latest 2.4 or 2.6 kernels. I haven't tried my m505 yet (its charging right now), but I'll do that in a bit.

Hi David,

 i'd appreciate to have some debug output, -d io:3 should be enough.

Coldsync also doesn't appear to work with data segments that are

64k or files with a very large number of records. I have one file here

that has 31k records in it. Its a monster, and Coldsync just sits there forever tickling the Palm. I let it sit for 2 hours, and it hadn't progressed at all on this file.

Any solutions to that?

Never tested >64k segments, i thought there was a limit on the size ;) nor files so big.. I'll create a file with 31k records and give it a try, but i think that >64k support will require a major code review so maybe it will be postponed after the 3.0 release.

Thank you for your support!

Did not test the libusb version yet, but something about 31k:::::

I sync on a regular base (more than once a day) palmfiles much larger than 64k (up to 1mb). That works fine with the visor and the usbserial module for the visor and the tungsten c