Re: [coldsync-hackers] libusb support

This version is preliminary but has been tested successfully with:

I can confirm that this does not work with a Tungsten T2 or Tungsten T3 on Linux, under the latest 2.4 or 2.6 kernels. I haven't tried my m505 yet (its charging right now), but I'll do that in a bit.

stop the hotplug subsysten (on my system /etc/init.d/hotplug stop) and launch coldsync:

And don't forget to rmmod the visor driver first, of course, otherwise you risk deadlocking the usb subsystem, and depending on your kernel, this could likely result in a hardware hard lock (it does on my boxes here using pilot-link over libusb).

Please post success/failure reports to the mailing list.

See above.

Coldsync also doesn't appear to work with data segments that are
64k or files with a very large number of records. I have one file here
that has 31k records in it. Its a monster, and Coldsync just sits there forever tickling the Palm. I let it sit for 2 hours, and it hadn't progressed at all on this file.

	Any solutions to that?

David A. Desrosiers desrod@gnu-designs.com http://gnu-designs.com