[coldsync-hackers] Cygwin

I had people respond w/interest in knowing how I am
doing with Cygwin.  My first bout wasn't so good, I
had too many compile issues.  On my last upgrade of
Cygwin I noticed they are shipping gcc-2 now, so I
tried to compile again and it works (you must be using
gcc-2)!

Only 1 caveat ... dirname is a Linux function and does
not exist on Cygwin.  It should probably be detected
via configure and a local copy supplied in case it is
not found.  ITM (in the meantime) here is the patch
that I am using.

#ifndef __CYGWIN32__
/* Not a Cygwin lib */
#include <libgen.h>			/* For dirname() */
#endif

...snip...

#ifdef __CYGWIN32__
			/* Hard code it for ME ... get your own ;-> */
			mychdir( "/home/43921/.palm/conduits" );
#else
			char *dpath;

			if ((dpath = strdup(path)) != NULL )  /* Preserve
path since dirname will modify it */
			{
				char *newdir;

				if ((newdir = dirname(dpath)) != NULL )
					mychdir( newdir );

				free( dpath );
			}
#endif

I have successfully used the "-mb" option.  I have yet
to try a regular sync (screwing up my courage ... and
rc files) to give it a go.

Hope this helps ....

=====
--
"A smile is the shortest distance between two people."
Victor Borge