Re: [coldsync-hackers] Cygwin

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, IwantToKeepAnon wrote:
> So ... all that to ask if anyone knows how I can get
> coldsync running under Cygwin?  I can get around
> *most* of the warnings and errors, but all the signal
> stuff (especially the sigsetjmp, siglongjmp, and
> un/block_sigchld) won't compile.

	Sounds like a missing library, maybe. Unfortunately, since I've
never so much as looked at Cygwin, I wouldn't know where to look.

> And (if I comment
> them out) I get a link error (shown below).
>
> I am configuring like so:
>    CXX=gcc CFLAGS="-mno-win32 -ansi" ./configure
     ^^^^^^^
> --prefix=/usr/local/coldsync --without-i18n
> --without-ipv6 --without-usb
>
> And I get (from the src directory) at link time:
>
> gcc -mno-win32 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./..
> -I./../include -mno-win32 coldsync.o archive.o
> backup.o restore.o install.o config.o misc.o lexhack.o
> log.o conduit.o spalm.o palment.o pref.o spc.o
> symboltable.o net_compat.o ap_snprintf.o utils.o
> GenericConduit.o y.tab.o -o coldsync
> -L/usr/local/coldsync/lib -L./../libpdb -lpdb
> -L./../libpconn -lpconn  -lfl -lcygwin -lpthread
> GenericConduit.o(.text+0x132):GenericConduit.cc:
> undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'

	"operator delete(void*)" is a built-in C++ construct.  Presumably
the reason you're getting this is that you've specified "CXX=gcc", which
says that the C++ compiler is "gcc".
	By default, gcc assumes that it's compiling C code. If it's
invoked as 'g++', then it assumes that it's compiling C++ code. So try
configuring with "CXX=g++" if it exists.
	If g++ doesn't exist, then one of the following should work:

	CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-x c++"
or
	CXX="gcc -x c++"

The "-x c++" option explicitly tells gcc that it's compiling C++ code.
In the link phase, this causes it to link in the C++ library.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!