Re: [coldsync-hackers] clie CL10/U FreeBSD support

>     Default global configuration file: /usr/local/etc/coldsync.conf
> bash-2.03$
>
> Maybe here is where the problem is?
>
> No matter what I do I don't get the WITH_USB in coldsync.
> I tried configure with WITH_USB="yes" and also with
> "make" and "make install".
>
> I downloaded the source from the site and compiled it using the
> WITH_USB="yes" option. I am still not getting it in for some reason.

It seems I am wrong here. I noticed in the configure file that
there is a comment saying something to the effect; "If this is FreeBSD > 4.0
then disable usb." So someone had disabled it intentionally for some reason.

Then, presumably, if it is possible to get this working, it would be
with ucom0 only. Right now that leaves me with;

bash-2.03$ coldsync
Error: Can't open "/dev/ucom0".
open: Device not configured
Error: Can't open connection.
bash-2.03$

This is with neither ucom or uvisor loaded in kld, but -with-
them compiled in the kernel.

Noticing that they were not loaded in with kldload, I attempted;

su-2.03# kldload ucom
kldload: can't load ucom: File exists

but then it shows it as loaded afterwards;

su-2.03# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    8 0xc0100000 41cf8c   kernel
 2    2 0xc1369000 a000     ibcs2.ko
 3    1 0xc1376000 3000     ibcs2_coff.ko
 4    2 0xc137c000 14000    linux.ko
 5    1 0xc1397000 3000     streams.ko
 6    1 0xc139a000 15000    svr4.ko
 7    1 0xc13c5000 2000     rtc.ko
 8    1 0xc1546000 4000     ucom.ko

the same thing happens if I try to kldload uvisor.
I also can't unload them with kldunload;

su-2.03# kldunload ucom
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy

I am just grasping at straws here, but while I lobby here for assistance,
I am trying different possibilities.