Re: [coldsync-hackers] clie CL10/U FreeBSD support

Thank you, Max, for your assistance so far.

> for debuging purposes comment out the following section from your usbd.conf:
> device "Sony Palm"
>                     vendor 0x082d
>                     product 0x0100
>                     release 0x0100
>                     attach "/usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -t serial -s ${DEVNAME}"
done.

> restart usbd! you still need it!
done.

> then you can run coldsync by hand e.g.:
> (all the debuging facilities SLP, CMP, PADP, DLP, DLPC, SYNC, PARSE, IO, MISC, and NET)
> /usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -d IO:5

bash-2.03$ /usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -d IO:5
Error: Can't open "/dev/palm".
open: Device not configured
Error: Can't open connection.
bash-2.03$

I tried both ugen (without uvisor in the kernel and .coldsyncrc change)
and ucom (with uvisor in the kernel and .coldsyncrc change)

I still get an error in both cases.

> if you use the ucom solution you might have a look at:
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uvisor.c
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ucom.c

I looked at these files, but it is pretty greek to me. I am just a
beginner in C.

> btw:
> I'm using a Handspring Visor Deluxe with a usb cradle.

OK.

> beast% coldsync -V
> coldsync version 2.1.3.
> ColdSync homepage at http://www.ooblick.com/software/coldsync/
> Compile-type options:
>     WITH_USB: USB support.
>     HAVE_STRCASECMP, HAVE_STRNCASECMP: strings are compared without regard
>         to case, whenever possible.

Here is a big difference for me;

bash-2.03$ coldsync -V
coldsync version 2.1.3.
ColdSync homepage at http://www.ooblick.com/software/coldsync/
Compile-type options:
    HAVE_STRCASECMP, HAVE_STRNCASECMP: strings are compared without regard
        to case, whenever possible.

    Default global configuration file: /usr/local/etc/coldsync.conf
bash-2.03$

Maybe here is where the problem is?

No matter what I do I don't get the WITH_USB in coldsync.
I tried configure with WITH_USB="yes" and also with
"make" and "make install".

I downloaded the source from the site and compiled it using the
WITH_USB="yes" option. I am still not getting it in for some reason.