Re: [coldsync-hackers] syncing of creation/modification dates

Andrew Arensburger wrote:

> 	In "libpconn/dlp_cmd.c", there's an XXX comment that says that
> as of PalmOS 3.0, you can update the creation and/or modification time
> on a file when you close it, and suggests changing DlpCloseDB to
> 	int DlpCloseDB(PConnection *pconn,
> 		ubyte handle,
> 		ubyte flags)
>
> 	"include/pconn/dlp_cmd.h" already includes definitions for
> 		DLPCMD_CLOSEFL_UPBACKUP
> 		DLPCMD_CLOSEFL_UPMOD
> presumably in anticipation of the change to DlpCloseDB.
>
> 	Obviously, each DlpCloseDB call would need to be examined,
> because you don't want to update the creation time unless you've
> created the database.

While maybe it would be good to change the modification time if we
indeed modified the database, I agree that in the generic case, you
don't want to update the creation time (only for the install conduit).

My problem (that the Plucker viewer watches only for a change in the
creation time) remains.

I think that it would be much better if fetch conduits could issue DLP
commands to the Palm. After all, we're connected to the Pam during that
phase, right? Is there any reason against that?

--
Pierre Phaneuf
http://advogato.org/person/pphaneuf/