[coldsync-hackers] syncing of creation/modification dates

I'm in the process of writing a Plucker fetch conduit, and it is working
pretty nicely, except for one thing...

Plucker creates a cache file on the Palm during usage, and updating a
Plucker document should invalidates this cache. The problem is that
Plucker invalidates that cache when the creation date on a document
changes, but neither the creation or the modification date are updated
by the generic conduit!

I could go and add this in GenericConduit.cc, but I wanted to check
first if that would be the best way to go at it.

Another more general idea for conduits would be to have a "declined"
return code for sync conduits, a bit in the spirit of Apache handlers,
so that you could do some work, but not all, and let other conduits
(like the generic conduit!) have at it. This would make a sync conduit
that updates the creation date and then does a regular sync very easy
and not require adding the behavior to the generic conduit.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
http://advogato.org/person/pphaneuf/