Re: [coldsync-hackers] Get palm record ID of new record?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 11:55:31AM -0500, Brian Johnson wrote:
> I can't set it to 0 since I want to create a reference to it in a database
> table - if the sync changes the record ID, my table that tracks it will no
> longer reference it

0 never works for me,.. I just do a search to find the maximum id value
throught the table, add one to that.

> This brings up another point though, I've assumed that once a PDB record has
> a valid record id, that id number doesn't change - is that accurate?

that's what I've seen in my experience... limited as it is...

> Is there an upper limit?  I would suppose so.

According to the PDB specs, the uniqueID field is a three-byte long
integer... which works out to be 2 ^ 8 ^ 3... or 16,777,216 is
the maximum value, give or take one..

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant