Re: [coldsync-hackers] Get palm record ID of new record?

Brian Johnson:
> If I append a new record to the PDB like so, how can I get that new records
> ID no?
>
> $record = $PDB->append_Record;
>     $record->{data} = $cal->{note_content};
>     $record->{category} = $cal->{cat_name};

You either supply one by setting $record->{id} to an appropriate value
(in which case you likely want to take care that they don't collide
with already existing IDs in your database), or you just ignore it (or
explicitely set it to 0) and let the next sync decide on a new record
ID.

Helge