Re: [coldsync-hackers] update FreeBSD ports to 2.2.5?

Andrew Arensburger:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:30:06AM +0100, Helge Oldach wrote:
> > any ideas when FreeBSD ports' coldsync will be updated to 2.2.5?
>
> 	Sorry, no.
> 	I believe the problem I ran across (which will sound familiar
> to some) is that there are two sets of man pages: there are section 3
> man pages for library functions that come with ColdSync, which should
> be installed in $(PREFIX)/man/man3; and section 3 man pages for the
> ColdSync and ColdSync::SPC Perl classes, which should be installed in
> ${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION} (or wherever Perl wants them).

Good point. The only solution I see is to handle the standard man page
install (including everything from the doc directory) as usual, and to
provide an explicit install rule for the perl part. E.g.

post-install:
.for F in ColdSync ColdSync::SPC
        ${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/doc/${F}.3 ${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION}/man/man3/${F}.3
.endfor

> Furthermore, all of these man pages should be compressed after they're
> installed.

Should happen automatically.

Helge