Re: [coldsync-hackers] Trouble syncing with the Sony Clie PEG-T615C

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 07:52:53PM +0000, Richard Hyde wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Sorry to hear about the loss of your Visor, bet you'll keep your daughter
> away from you shiney new Clie !
>
> I've had some success geting my Clie working with Linux, and looking at
> the output you supplied I think the problem may be the device line in your
> coldsynrc, try setting it to /dev/ttyUSB0 rather than ttyUSB1.  For some
> reason the Clie uses ttyUSB0 to sync rather than ttyUSB1.

No, not all Clies do this.  Pay attention to the kernel log output for
what port to use.  Some Clie devices even lie about this, and if you try
to use the port the device "reported" the kernel will let you know and
say to use a lower port.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h