Re: [coldsync-hackers] Palm m505 and serial cradles.

Hi Ingo & co.:

I have a successful setup using (mostly) the bits at the end of the
README.daemon file in the distribution.  Rather than using inetd, though
(v1.38, at least, doesn't work using the line presented), I used netcat:

	nc -l 14237 | /usr/local/bin/coldsync -t net -md -

Netcat is at
http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/index.html#network_utilities

Also, I doubt that the netcat invocation above is optimal, but it works
here.

Good luck,
Scott

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:38:14PM +0100, Ingo Oeser wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 12:25:03PM -0500, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> > 	I meant that I had managed to successfully forward a connection
> > from a Palm attached to a Linux box, to a Windows machine running Palm's
> > software. ColdSync both sends and accepts the Network HotSync protocol, so
> > you don't need a Windows machine on the receiving end. You can use a Unix
> > box running ColdSync in daemon mode.
>
> Could you (or someone else) write a short HowTo for doing this?
>
> At least the Unix<->Unix case with coldsync on both ends?
>
> I have a local cradle connected to Linux and would like to
> forward the sync of the attached palm to another computer
> attached via TCP/IP networking running coldsync, too.
>
> Absolutely perfect would be a solution involving some stunnel or
> ssh, if possible (I think there will be problems with the UDP
> announce), but this is secondary.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>

> Regards
>
> Ingo Oeser
> --
> Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth
>      >>>   4. Chemnitzer Linux-Tag - 09.+10. Maerz 2002 <<<
>               http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/

Scott Hepler
System Administration and Security
Web Development