Re: [coldsync-hackers] PilotID ?

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:34:53PM -0500, Don Duck Harper wrote:
> I hate to send this again, but I got no response before...
> Any hope?

	Ah, well, that's the problem with free software. There's no
one to bitch at when no one answers your question (but at least it
doesn't cost $75 per incident to get no help).

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:04:14AM -0600, Don Duck Harper wrote to To coldsync-hackers@lusars.net:
> :-) Well, when I use gnome-pilot, my files for gnomecal and gnomecard have
> :-) these fields X-PILOTID and UID, respectafully.  Is there any way this
> :-) could be introduced into the p5 modules?  This would make things like a
> :-) addressbook and or calendar counduit very easy to write...

	If you have a script or program that dumps a PDB to a file,
then it knows the ID of each record, and it can dump that ID to the
output file. IIRC, 'gnomecal' and 'gnomecard' use the iCalendar and
vCard formats, respectively, and those allow you to add just about
anything you want, as long as it has an "X-" in front.
	Unfortunately, the last time I looked at it, the Net::ICal
Perl module didn't support "X-" fields, so you'd have to add that.

	If you're trying to get the username and user ID from the Palm
and feed those to conduits, I don't have any plans to add such a
thing, but I suppose it might be useful, so feel free to add it. I
don't think it should be too hard.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com