Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync install and perl

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Andrew Arensburger wrote:

> 	Perhaps these two comments can be combined: use perl/Makefile
> as glue between the top-level Makefile and
> perl/ColdSync/Makefile{,.PL} . That way, the top-level Makefile
> doesn't get polluted with all sorts of extraneous MakeMaker-related
> nastiness, and the Perl Makefile still gets whatever hand-holding it
> needs.

hasnt worked for me yet. if you dont specify a new PREFIX in
perl/Makefile, and then call perl/Makefile from the main Makefile, the
initial PREFIX gets through. grr.

> \begin{selfish-motive}
> 	Besides, CVS doesn't like it when you move files around, and
> gets downright cranky when you move directories.
> \end{selfish-motive}

understood. but i'm assuming you have root access to the CVSROOT. if you
move the files manually in the CVSROOT they will get updated appropriately
when everyone updates next. we do it all the time at work, because cvs is
annoying like htat.

> 	The thing that tripped me up originally was that I didn't see
> the "Advanced Options" button in the kernel config tool (maybe the

the kernel is configured properly. my usb camera is working fine and
syslog indicates that the visor is being detected by the kernel
appropriately. not sure. havent had a chance to tset further.

--------
Matt Cashner
Web Applications Developer
The Creative Group (http://www.cre8tivegroup.com)