Re: [coldsync-hackers] Re: coldsync 2.1, USB, & FreeBSD -- oops

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:42:32PM -0500, James Widman wrote:
> Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> I also tried the following:
> %cat < randomTextFile > /dev/ugen0
> cat: stdout: Operation not supported by device
> %cat < /dev/ugen0
> cat: stdin: Operation not supported by device
>
> (of course, all of this was done while the visor was trying to sync)
>
> Should /dev/ugen0 be able to handle standard I/O?

	The point of the exercise is to distinguish between an OS
error/misconfiguration and a bug in ColdSync.
	If you're getting the same kinds of errors from 'cat' as from
ColdSync, then it's evidently an OS problem.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com