Re: [coldsync-hackers] Re: coldsync 2.1, USB, & FreeBSD -- oops

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, James Widman wrote:
> but "/bin/echo foo < /dev/ugen0 > /usr/home/james/out" leaves a file
> with the line "foo" in my home directory if I run that command while
> the visor is trying to sync (with a blank usbd.conf) *or* if that
> command is run as an attach statement in usbd.conf

	Unfortunately, this test isn't terribly revealing: the shell
handles 'echo foo', '< /dev/ugen0', and '> out', so I wouldn't be
surprised if you'd get this output file even if the command as a whole
failed.
	The interesting part would have been to see whether the
'</dev/ugen0' succeeded, or whether it failed the same way that ColdSync
does. So maybe this wasn't the best test in the world. Maybe 'dd
if=/dev/ugen0 of=/dev/null' would be better.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!