[coldsync-hackers] Sync'ing datebooks

Just a quick question, before I completely screw things up.

My understanding of things is that if I generate a completely new
datebook pdb file and put it in my backup directory, then sync, the
events in it will end up in my palm datebook, and the events in my palm
datebook will get added to that pdb, and all will be well in the world.
The two databases will trade eventst, in effect. If, otoh, I put it in
my install directory, I will install that new database, losing all the
events on my handheld.

Is this a correct understanding?

--
    Rich Bowen --  Director of Web Application Development
   http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/  --  rich@cre8tivegroup.com