Re: [coldsync-hackers] Regression Testing

When last we left our heros, they were speaking of:
> 	The reason I haven't done this is that the sync process has to be
> initiated on the Palm. I'm willing to press the HotSync button a few times
> to test what I'm currently working on, but not do it 100 times daily for a
> full regression test.
> 	I'm pretty sure that Palms have a remote debugging mechanism. If I
> remember correctly, 'gdb' uses this in some fashion. Does anyone know
> if this can be used to start a sync from a script?

	I'm not sure about that, but my first, and perhaps overly obvious,
thought would be to grab the XCopilot source, and hack it up so that syncing
can be triggered externally, (sending a signal to the XCopilot process, that
kind of thing), and use it for regression testing.  My biggest fear there
would be whether XCopilot would have behavior on some of the bugs consistent
with an actual pilot or not, especially on some of the interface bugs, rather
than the OS bugs.  But it's a thought.

								JF

--
    Justin Ferguson - Geek of All Trades - Technical Solutions Consultant
http://www.thedotin.net/jferg   <jferg@lusars.net> <JFerg at The Dot in .Net>