RE: [coldsync-hackers] VPN Sync / Secure Sync

Norberto --

In my earlier post, I assumed you had a cradle you were using in
conjunction with the Palm, and the Palm would go through a PPP
connection handled by the desktop to your host on the Internet.  If
that's not the case, my earlier post regarding ssh, PPTP or IPSEC
wouldn't work for you.  It sounds like if your Palm is going to be
directly connected, i.e., WiFi or modem, then you'll need a VPN solution
on the Palm itself.  In that case, your best bet is probably the link
included in the previous posts to that Palm VPN app.

If, on the other hand, you have a cradle attached via serial or USB to a
machine with an Internet connection, you could use PPP over the
serial/USB link and tunnel the traffic over the VPN of your choice.  Or
maybe it's possible to dial directly into your server via a modem and
skip the Internet connection?

Best of luck,
Tim

Tim Meals <tim@codeknox.com>