Re: [coldsync-hackers] VPN Sync / Secure Sync

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:28:57 -0400 (EDT)
Andrew Arensburger <arensb+CShackers@ooblick.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Norberto Goussies wrote:
> > Hello, does anybody know how to make a secure syncro over Internet? with a
> > VPN? SSL?
>
> 	I don't know of anyone who's tried. Congratulations! You're
> blazing new territory!
> 	I suspect that your best bet is to use a VPN; there's nothing in
> the ColdSync source to use SSL.

 I've planned a VPN setup test since along time but never had the time
 to test it. i completely agree with Andrew, VPN is the way to go.

 I would try Mergic VPN (http://www.mergic.com/) . The PPTP protocol
 is (quite) a standard one, you should have no troubles.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy