Re: [coldsync-hackers] Netsync questions : serial trouble, userid, filter files

Most of this was resolved many times, but anyway, let's go over it.
> I'm using a clié UX50, but as i can understand, coldsync does not find my
serial number :
Your Clie may not have serial number at all, not all PDAs are created equal.

> My first question, is it normal it does not get my serial?
So answer is yes, in case you have such a PDA, it is normal.
See this useful link about serial number -
http://www.mulliner.org/palm/changename.php

> So i decided to work with userid, then my second question is :
> Where should i find the userid on my palm? will i have to ask people to
make a first sync in order to get their userid inside my logs,
> or is there a simple way to get this number on the device?
There is a very simple way - it is all defined in palment.h , and there is a
way to get the whole structure - *getpalment(void);
coldsync.c gets userid from palm for your use.
You can have your own header in conduit.c - see how it is done with Palm
user name -
        add_header(&headers, &num_headers, &max_headers,"PDA-Username",
palm_username(palm));
Just make your own with palm userid - and you will get nice header to use
with your conduit

> Then, i do not want to really sync all the files, just dump one pilot-db
file, process it inside mysql and fetch it back.
> How can i tell coldsync to do this?
Just don't run generic conduit, make your conduit final for all databases.
This should do the trick.

Best regards,
Alex Tronin