Re: [coldsync-hackers] Design logic of Sync conduits

Not all Palm devices have serial numbers. Don't rely on it.

Yes, We already have one handspring Visor with no serial number. I think that being unable to uniquely identify a PDA is a limitation that will never go away.

If Coldsync cannot uniquely identify it, there's not a lot I can do except write a large caveat.

As far as I have read, this only appears to be a Handspring problem (interesting as I would quite like to get a Handspring Treo mobile phone at some point. Anyone out there have one?

Regards,

Marco.