Re: [coldsync-hackers] linux as a network sync server -> mySQL

> there seems to be no straight forward how-to on this.

	I presume the HOWTO I've written on exactly this topic wasn't
enough? What about the post I made to the pilot-link list with the FreeBSD
USB workaround, which describes this?

	http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-general/2003-February/000896.html

> coldsync run in daemon mode show the wakeup request but closes and then
> nothing.  pi-csd will accept the network request but doesn't seem to pass
> it to 'pilot-xfer -p net: -l' for a listing.

	You are aware that the net: syntax changed, right? You probably want
'net:any' instead of what you are using. I network hotsync all the time,
without any effort whatsoever.

> i'd prefer to use coldsync for it perl5 tools as i'm really trying to sync
> my palm to a mySQL database.

	Have you heard of PalmSync? It does exactly this (and I helped the
author fix it up to work with USB Palm devices). Worked like a charm here
when I tinkered with it. I sync to CVS, so my needs are a bit different.

	http://www.osk.3web.ne.jp/~nyasu/palmsync/e.html

d.