[coldsync-hackers] Re: tree bad news and one idea

 On 06-Mar-03 at 15:28:26,
  spied@yandex.ru <spied@yandex.ru> wrote:

> 2. via usb with palmos 4.x devices coldsync can get next messages:
> Warning: no device on /dev/ttyUSB1. Waiting...
> Error: only read 5 bytes of NetSync packet header.
> Error: Can't connect to Palm.

> often after it coldsync simple abort running, but sometimes it don't
> respond... i use coldsync for non-interactive sync several palms with
> linux box (without keyboard and monitor) and this error is very bad
> for me - without my help anybody can't sync more. i get this state 2
> or 3 times for 2 months of use (2 sync of 10 palm's everyday)... and i
> can't reproduct this error ;(((

Which version of coldsync/OS and what setup do you have?
i'm currently using it a lot
and never got such a problem with 4.0 and 4.1 devices.

> 3. i get error "Error: Lost connection to Palm." on coldsync side and
> "The connection between your handled comuter and the desktop was lost.
> Some of your data was NOT backed up. Please check your setup and try
> again." with serial sync.
> i wrote about this problem two letters, but my solution is bad ;(
> if i begin sync in first 2 minutes after coldsync run - all ok, but if
> coldsync wait palm long time then on end of sync i get this error.
> coldsync output with debug on:
> ===== Finished syncing
> Calling io_drain()
> Error: Lost connection to Palm.
> Freeing sync_config 0x80ae408
> ColdSync terminating normally

> and last. i see coldsync code about protocols (full, net and simple).
> i think it's possibly to auto-detect protocol with first three bytes
> from palm:
> 0xbe, 0xef, 0xed - full: normal serial sync
> 0x90, 0x01, 0x00 - net: net sync and palmos 4.1 usb sync
> 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 - simple: broken palmos 4.0 usb sync (net???)

> ps: sorry, my english is bad ;(

the latest coldsync (CVS) is already able to use the right
variant of the netsync protocol... give it a try.

--

  - alex.