Re: [coldsync-hackers] FreeBSD + m500 (USB) = pconn_usb_open: Can'tget information about USB device.

If you want more info, get on irc and go to irc.pilot-link.org and the channel #pilot-link. setuid is the guy who writes pilot-link and he's the one who told me that palms won't work, and that it's a freebsd problem. He said it was the usb stack.

hope this helps.

Gregory

Jack Twilley wrote:

"Gregory" == Gregory Senyshyn <gsenyshyn@rogers.com> writes:

[... Gregory gives a good workaround ...]

Jack> While this is a good workaround, it doesn't solve the problem at
Jack> hand. Is the problem with FreeBSD's USB support? I seem to
Jack> recall a PR on this but I don't remember the number. Is the
Jack> problem with Coldsync's USB support? I don't know.

Jack> Can someone fill in the missing information here?

Jack> Jack.

Gregory> Apparently it's FreeBSD's problem. Handspring visors work
Gregory> fine, it's just palms and others that don't.

There is not enough information in your answer to show how it's a
FreeBSD problem and not a Coldsync problem.

I only have an M505. It doesn't work with USB on FreeBSD 4.7 or 5.0.

I want to make it work, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the
specifics of the situation. It just... doesn't sync.

Does anyone have more information?

Jack.