Re: [coldsync-hackers] Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Brian Johnson wrote:
> I've been thinking about getting one of these pdas but I'm worried about it's
> syncing abilities - it runs a flashable Linux OS (so it can be replaced with other
> OS - but I don't think it will run PalmOS)
>
> I'd like for it to sync via coldsync so I can use the same conduits as the rest of
> the office
>
> How practical is that?  What kind of issues will arise?

	You may want to poke around http://www.tuxia.org/ . Last I heard
of them, they were working on getting Linux to run on the Compaq iPaq.
	Among other things, they used a customized version of libpdb (and
probably some other code) to allow the iPaq to sync using Palm's sync
protocol.
	I'm pretty sure that their code is released under the GPL, so
maybe it can be ported to the Zaurus.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!