Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync cant open connection

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 20:18, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> 	So you did. It's a convention in the Unix world that when you
> run 'diff' to get a patch, you use
> 		diff [options] old-version new-version
> rather than
> 		diff [options] new-version old-version
> I hadn't noticed that you had used the latter.

oh sorry :)

> 	Bizarre. I can't even tell where these errors are occurring.

youre the maintainer for the freebsd port right? would you like me to
send you a more complete log?

> > gcc -Wall -ansi -pedantic -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./.. -I./../include
> > -I/usr/home/chris/test/include -c conduit.c
> > In file included from conduit.c:14:
> > /usr/include/stdlib.h:110: warning: ANSI C does not support `long long'
> > /usr/include/stdlib.h:114: warning: ANSI C does not support `long long'
>
> 	Ignore these for now.
> 	Except, what's that "-I/usr/home/chris/test/include"? Why did
> you add that?

i had wanted to be able to tell which coldsync i was using (this is
before i realized it wasnt installing anything). so i did one session
with prefix set to /usr/home/chris/test.

> > conduit.c:66: syntax error before `RETSIGTYPE'
> > conduit.c:66: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `RETSIGTYPE'
> > conduit.c:66: ANSI C forbids data definition with no type or storage class
>
> 	Most likely, the symbol RETSIGTYPE hasn't been defined. Check
> the "config.h" file that was created by 'configure', and make sure it
> has a line that says
>
> 	#define RETSIGTYPE void

it has a couple comments regarding it but thats it. there is no #define
RETSIGTYPE

> 	My copy of config.log doesn't have this line. I don't know why
> yours does. I was thinking of the output from 'configure': it should
> print a line like
>
> 	checking return type of signal handlers... void

oh i missed that line. i couldnt find anything about signal handlers in
the log of configure so i went looking in some of the other files.

thanks
chris