[coldsync-hackers] Re: CVS news!

 On 13-Nov-02 at 17:59:00,
  Peer Oliver Schmidt <pos@theinternet.de> wrote:

> Am I allowed to define these options in the central coldsync.conf as well?
> It seems that coldsync picks the base directory, but does not expand the
> palm user name, ie.

> pda {
>        snum: "50C213O93015-L";
>        username: "Joey";
>        userid: 32292;
> }

> Do I do something wrong, or do i need to put the .coldsyncrc in the
> relevant home directory for this to work?

long answer:

Yes, you're allowed. the problem is that CS_PALMUSERNAME gets defined
only after the initial handshake with the palm, which happes
after the configuration file has been parsed.

In daemon mode, after this handshake, coldsync does a setuid()
call and realoads the configuration file and .coldsynrc.

shor answer:
    move the relevant section to .coldsyncrc and should work ;-)

--

  - alex.