[coldsync-hackers] coldsync on RedHat8.0??

Hi,

I have RedHat8.0 running on my laptop and was wondering if anyone has been able to get ColdSync to work on the RedHat8.0 platform?

I can't seem to get the package to finish installing properly.  I'm able to ./configure and "make" okay, but when I get to the next step (make all or make install, forget which it is) I get tons of errors half-way through.  I don't see the coldsync module loaded into the kernel space and can't seem to load it manually.

I'm wondering if this has something to due with the new gcc version that RH8.0 is using.  I know it's caused problems compiling modules of other programs.

BTW, I "hope" to use my Sony Clie PEG-T665C with RH8.0 if I can finally get ColdSync working.

Thanks in advance! :)