[coldsync-hackers] Re: Getting started on palm <-> network/database based syncronization

 On 03-Ott-02 at 01:20:40,
  Clark C. Evans <cce@clarkevans.com> wrote:

> Yes, I see this thread mentions a patch by Alex Tronin and appears
> to be "standard" unix stuff to make a forking deamon; did Alex release
> copyright on this patch (or license it under the Artistic or compatible
> license?).

The reason behind the choice to not make coldsync a forking daemon
is based on the following factors:

 - we aren't sure that coldsync can be considered stable
 - we aren't sure it hasn't any memory leak
 - the same effect can be obtained by using inetd.

 Obviously i think that coldsync will became a forking
 daemon in the future, but this couldn't happen unless
 some more people start to use the CVS version on daily
 basis.

 Since i've started some big changes in coldsync
 a few months ago, i've got very little feedback
 and code contributions from the user community.
 This doesn't help.

 There's a support website now, http://www.coldsync.org, a CVS
 to get the latest changes and an email address, developers@coldsync.org,
 to reach the developers. I hope we can all use these resources
 to improve coldsync.

--

  - alex.