[coldsync-hackers] coldsync daemon

I know this question has been asked a few times but I have read through most
of the discussions and it doesn't seem as though there has been a clear answer.

Is there a way to get coldsync to respawn upon termination when using "-t net
-md -" for network syncing? There seems to be some trouble with xinetd and
inittab.

I know there is work going on for a standalone daemon mode that will fork upon
requests but is there currently a solution that can tide us over until it is
finished?

I read something here:
http://www.thedotin.net/maillists/coldsync-hackers/msg01049.html
about changes being made to PConnection_net.c. However those changes were not
posted and comments were made about it being intergrated into 2.2.5 but the
suggested command didn't work.

I also read comments about using pi-csd for something but I cannot find this
utility on coldsync or pilot-link's site. what is it and is it useful for
solving this issue?

If someone has gotten this working, I would really apreciate it if you could
post detailed instructions. I would be happy to then document it fully.

Thank you,
Adam Hull
http://axisgroupware.org